|Reference # : ||14-01337
||Title : ||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/28/2014
| Description |
The Sr. Systems Engineer leverages advanced knowledge of the Windows Operating System and supporting technologies to design and deliver a secure, stable, high-performance platform that supports the use of LOB and productivity applications to associates in the Store, Logistics, and Corporate environments. Primary duties include performance and configuration management, standards definition and publication, incident response, root cause analysis and remediation of open problems.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY -
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Perform installation, maintenance and support of system software, hardware and infrastructure and user support for moderately complex projects. May oversee this effort if acting in team lead capacity.
- Perform store & SSC engineering and roll-out implementation.
- Perform configuration, debugging and support for infrastructure platform for moderately complex projects.
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures.
- Provide technical direction to System and Associate Engineers, Operations Specialists, and contractors.
- Interface with Business Stakeholders on all applicable projects. Update manager on all escalated issues
- Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
- Knowledge and experience with computer hardware, operating systems and system software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- An understanding of the complex problems associated with large scale client systems management.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System internals
- Strong understanding of Powershell, the .Net framework, and WMI
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, and authentication protocols (Kerberos and NTLM)
- Experience with client security technologies including drive encryption, antivirus, and network access protection.
- Experience writing both SQL and LDAP queries
- Experience with the Microsoft System Center Suite with an emphasis on SCCM, SCOM, and SCORCH (configuration, management, and automation)
- MCSE preferred
- Development experience a plus (C, C++, C#, Java)
- Solid knowledge of the PC (hardware and software) is essential.
- Ability to listen to what the user is saying and then interpret what he/ she is trying to get across.
- Ability to work autonomously and with a diverse team
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to present ideas and manage projects.